Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Junk Mail Solution

I must admit, my roommate is a genius. He recently suggested me a brilliant idea of getting rid of junk mail senders especially banks and credit card companies. Everyday I am getting tonnes of paper mails telling that I have been pre approved for their most wonderful credit card they recently released. Hack, I have two credit cards and I don't need anymore. Every month we have two full big buckets filled up with junk mail papers that we have to take to recycle center.
Anyway, coming to the idea: Every credit card offer has a prepaid envelop and if you get more than one offer than just tear the stuff except the prepaid envelop and swap the teared stuff across various banks and send back. All those people sending offers must get to spend their time getting rid of torn papers from other banks. Eevntually they will get tired of such junk and will stop send junk. I am even sending all other stuff that came without prepaid envelops back to those who provide us such envelop. Hopefully, we wouldn't have to go to recycle center this month.

My main problem is this: once I actually applied to one of those pre approved offers and later the send me another letter saying that my application for the credit card has been declined since I don't have sufficient credit history. Give me a break, who wants your credit card anyway, you only pre approved me and now telling me otherwise. Are you stupid?

2 Comments:

At 5:42 PM, July 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1a. Sign up online to reduce getting Junk Mail: ($5 charge)

http://www.dmaconsumers.org/cgi/offmailinglist

OR

1b) Postcard or Letter Mail-in Option (Free):

Please send a postcard or letter that includes your name, home address, and signature and tell DMA to take you off all mailing lists that generate mail to:

Mail Preference Service
Direct Marketing Association
PO Box 643
Carmel, NY 10512

2) Notice specific company catalogs you get in the mail and call the store directly and ask to take you off the list for the mailed out catalogs

3) Credit cards often send you pre-approved offers, etc. that create so much clutter as well. To opt out on all such mailings,
Dial 1-888-5 OPT OUT (or 1-888-567-8688) (Automated number 24 hours a day) and enter in your information to opt out. It takes just 5 minutes to complete the process and you will be credit card offer mailings free for the next 5 years.

 
At 7:03 AM, July 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home