Monday, February 26, 2007

Thomas Cook thieves at New Delhi Airport

I came out of aircraft at New Delhi airport and saw some Thomas Cook counters for currency exchange, I needed just Rs. 2.00 for making a local phone call at a PCO, I didn't have any Indian currency. I approached a Thomas Cook counter and asked for $10 exchange. The guy said he doesn't have change. So I said keep the change give me the rest. For $10 he was supposed to give me Rs. 434 instead he gave me Rs. 400. Rs. 34 isn't "change", a family can eat whole day in Rs. 34. These people sitting at airport are thieves and make use of travelers urgent need for exchange and deliberately don't give the right amount of money. Basically, they start robbing you even before you step out of the airport.....this is how your India trip starts.

4 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, March 06, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

adjust kar lee jeeyae na Sir!!!!
(I guess on behalf of Thomas Cook..lol)

 
At 10:11 AM, March 07, 2007, Blogger Vishy said...

I can adjust for money but not for principles...they are robbing people even before they come out of airport. I have filed a complaint with Thomas Cook Inc.

 
At 2:17 PM, March 11, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

i guess u did right at least somebody shld speak up!!!!

 
At 10:00 AM, August 23, 2007, Blogger shrik said...

They were not thieves but soothsayers.. $10 these days is worth 400 bucks plus small change!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home